"By telling stories through my art, I try to express my understanding of the events and to document and record that moment in time. While my financial career involves left brain thinking, my artistic influence is very right brain feeling and intuition-oriented."
Leila Pinto's art is influenced by her unique experience of having grown up and traveled internationally and of having worked on Wall Street and being one of the few women Managing Directors in the world of Finance. Leila has lived in Manhattan for the past 30 years and has spent endless hours in museums and galleries looking and learning about art before she took up painting. During her MBA program at Columbia University, she took elective courses in 19th century painting and this honed her passion to create. When she took up painting with great zeal, she started painting in the representational style. Leila's earlier works included figurative elements based on Italian Renaissance and Hudson River School landscape paintings that she loves. Her more recent works are based on her work on Wall Street, and Hamptons Abstract seascapes near her Southampton home. Her paintings take many forms, moving freely between figuration and landscape, realistic painting and abstraction. She combines her inherent artistic sensibility to convey her unique expression of her Financial Services career through oil and mixed media. She interprets the emotions experienced during the trading day and expresses them in her paintings. Leila is also passionate about real estate and interior design, and has decorated the interiors of several homes where her art is displayed.
- Artists Alliance of East Hampton Virtual Show - New Beginnings, Transformation & Healing through the Beauty of Art: February 2021
- Guild Hall 83nd Artist Members Exhibition: February 2021
- Art Essex Gallery Juried Show, NY: January 2021
- Southampton Arts Center, East End Collected 6, Juried Show: January 2021
- MvVO Virtual Holiday Show on Artsy.net: December 2020
- Art Essex Gallery Juried Show, NY: December 2020
- Artists Alliance of East Hampton Virtual Holiday Show: November 2020
- WaterMill Museum: 28th Members Artist Show: October 2020
- MvVO Juried Exhibition at the Oculus Westfield World Financial Center September 2020
- Guild Hall 82nd Artist Members Exhibition: March 2020
- Art Fair 14C New Jersey: February 2020
- George Billis Gallery Group Show: January 2020
- New York School of the Arts: January 2020
- Art Miami: December 2019
- SOFA Chicago: The Sculpture, Objects, Functional Art and Design Art Expo: October 2019
- Volition Gallery, NY Juried Exhibition "Fear": October 2019
- Leonard Tourne Gallery Group Exhibition: October 2019
- Ashawagh Hall Group Exhibition: July 2019
- Hamptons Artists for Haiti Charity Benefit: June 2019
- New York Armory Art Fair, Art Takes Manhattan, 2018
- Enchanted Woodlands Exhibition, Philadephia, PA, 2018
- New York Art Week, Caelum Gallery, Chelsea, NY, 2017
- Joy of Painting, Group Exhibition, Bridge Gardens, Bridgehampton, NY, 2017
- Traditional Home, Hamptons Designer Showhouse, Bridgehampton NY, 2016
- "Squares Show", East End Arts, Riverhead, NY, 2015
- ART SOUTHAMPTON ART FAIR, Southampton, NY, 2015
- Solo Gallery Show: "Market Abstractions: A Wall Street Story" , Leonard Tourne Gallery, NY, 2015
- June 2020: "Emerald spring" was selected as part of the FAV15% (jury's favorite 15% of the entries) in the June 2020 BoldBrush Painting competition.
- Feb 2020: "Medium Vol", was selected as part of the FAV15% (jury's favorite 15% of the entries) in the February 2020 BoldBrush Painting competition.
- Nov. 2019: "Autumn colors", was selected as part of the FAV15% (jury's favorite 15% of the entries) in the November 2019 BoldBrush Painting competition.
- Jan. 2019: BREXIT 1: Won Juried Award by HamptonsArtHub and Judges Peter Marcelle from M and M Fine Art Gallery in Southampton.
- Aug.2018: “Wall Street: Exuberance vs Uncertainty” awarded “OUTSTANDING ACRYLIC” in a Juried BoldBrush Painting Competition.
- Featured in the article 'From Wall Street to the Artist Studio' on the Artsy Shark website
- Feature Article in INFORMED COLLECTOR Issue #2413 October 2018 Recommending Leila Pinto.
- Feature Article in "INTERNATIONAL GALLERIE" Magazine. Issue #37, New York: A Confluence of Cultures (vol. 18-No.2. 2015)
- Featured as Spotlight Artist in HAMPTONS ARTHUB July2016. An online publication and website revealing visual arts from The Hamptons, Palm Beach and Miami.
- ARTEFUSE Publication: Article on New York Art Week where my painting “Hamptons Waters” is featured. 2017